Program learning outcomes outline what Mohawk's graduates need to know and be able to do after they complete this program.
Initially, most program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators. Now, they are reviewed and updated during program review, in consultation with employers, graduates, and current students.
If you want to find out more about MTCUs Published College Program Standards Click Here
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Develop and implement cyber security solutions considering the affordances of the computer operating systems, networks, application software, and packages available.
- Implement and evaluate security solutions for business processes, applications and communications to protect business resources and respond to the needs of all the internal stakeholders.
- Recommend processes and procedures for maintenance and deployment of cyber security solutions.
- Evaluate and recommend innovative cyber security strategies that provide secure solutions for organizational processes and applications.
- Design and implement cyber security solutions in compliance with the current security policies, ethical standards, and industry regulations.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate cyber security policies and strategies using project management principles to effectively respond to the needs of the organization’s information security requirements.
- Optimize the effectiveness of the information security in a business environment through risk mitigation and auditing of information systems.
- Develop and deliver appropriate internal cyber security training to ensure compliance with security policies.
- Communicate security policies and audit results and relate documentation to any level of the organization.
- Implement and evaluate security policies and strategies by collaborating in cyber security projects as a multidisciplinary team member/leader to deliver effective solutions to the clients.
- Design and implement vulnerability assessment procedures to find and solve existing security issues in a network through monitoring and analyzing different attackers' tactics, strategies and techniques.
Essential Employability Skills
All graduates with the following Ontario College credentials, Ontario College Certificate, Ontario College Diploma and Ontario College Advanced Diploma, must be able to reliably demonstrate Essential Employability Skills in a combination of the following 11 skill areas:
- Communicate clearly, concisely and correctly in the written, spoken and visual form that fulfills the purpose and meets the needs of the audience.
- Respond to written, spoken or visual messages in a manner that ensures effective communication.
- Apply a systematic approach to solve problems.
- Use a variety of thinking skills to anticipate and solve problems.
- Locate, select, organize and document information using appropriate technology and information systems.
- Analyze, evaluate and apply relevant information from a variety of sources.
- Show respect for diverse opinions, values, belief systems and contributions of others.
- Interact with others in groups or teams in ways that contribute to effective working relationships and the achievement of goals.
- Manage the use of time and other resources to complete projects.
- Take responsibility for one's own actions, decisions and consequences.
Find out more about Essential Employability Skills here.