Program learning outcomes outline what Mohawk's graduates need to know and be able to do after they complete this program.
Initially, most program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators. Now, they are reviewed and updated during program review, in consultation with employers, graduates, and current students.
If you want to find out more about MTCUs Published College Program Standards Click Here
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Create Digital Health applications that make use of current database query technologies, social computing and effective user interfaces for a variety of devices.
- Evaluate the architecture and principles of operation of computer systems and networks including cloud, distributed computing and network services in Digital Health.
- Analyze current practices in health and patient care and methods of behaviour modification.
- Evaluate the role of Digital Health applications in health, patient care and clinical care and design and develop Digital Health solutions for patient self-management.
- Evaluate Digital Health devices for usability for tracking and improvement of health and select appropriate technologies for telehealth and remote patient care.
- Evaluate the options for Cloud, distributed computing and network services in Digital Health.
- Examine interoperability and integration issues related to Health systems including security issues.
- Evaluate healthcare organizations using current organizational behaviour theories.
- Integrate knowledge of ethical and legal frameworks with effective Digital Health solutions.
- Manage the development of software systems through a variety of development processes and methodologies including project planning principles.
- Synthesize new knowledge in Digital Health solutions using appropriate research methodologies.
Essential Employability Skills
All graduates with the following Ontario College credentials, Ontario College Certificate, Ontario College Diploma and Ontario College Advanced Diploma, must be able to reliably demonstrate Essential Employability Skills in a combination of the following 11 skill areas:
Find out more about Essential Employability Skills here.