Program learning outcomes outline what Mohawk's graduates need to know and be able to do after they complete this program.
Initially, most program learning outcomes were developed by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities (MTCU) in consultation with employers and educators. Now, they are reviewed and updated during program review, in consultation with employers, graduates, and current students.
If you want to find out more about MTCUs Published College Program Standards Click Here
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
Essential Employability Skills
All graduates with the following Ontario College credentials, Ontario College Certificate, Ontario College Diploma and Ontario College Advanced Diploma, must be able to reliably demonstrate Essential Employability Skills in a combination of the following 11 skill areas:
- Communicate clearly, concisely and correctly in the written, spoken and visual form that fulfills the purpose and meets the needs of the audience.
- Respond to written, spoken or visual messages in a manner that ensures effective communication.
- Use a variety of thinking skills to anticipate and solve problems.
- Locate, select, organize and document information using appropriate technology and information systems.
- Analyze, evaluate and apply relevant information from a variety of sources.
- Show respect for diverse opinions, values, belief systems and contributions of others.
- Manage the use of time and other resources to complete projects.
- Take responsibility for one's own actions, decisions and consequences.
Find out more about Essential Employability Skills here.